Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wacky Wednesday!

Today started at 4:30am for Rylie and I...from that moment, I knew it would be a wacky day! I gave her a bottle and tried to convince her to go back to sleep for just a little longer...I can handle the 5 o'clock hour, but anything in the 4am range is just too early! She obliged by falling back to sleep in my arms for a bit, but when I put her back in her crib and crawled back to our bed, she was perfectly content with lying there quietly chatting with her paci and her blankie.

The problem with that is, I don't just fall back asleep even for only a few more minutes...I can't help but listen to her sweet voice and watch her in the monitor! So out of bed I crawled again and we started our day!  I knew all her feeds and naps would be off today because of this early wake up, but that was fine with us because we didn't have anything we had to do today.  And we ended up catching a nap together in the afternoon, so it was all worth it!

We made some more food for the baby today, since we didn't get it all done yesterday.  Rylie helped again... this time she used her new pans and oven mits we found at Michael's yesterday :-)

On the menu:

- Asparagus and Green Beans
- Cinnamon Apples
- Chicken with Sweet Potato and Apple
- Squash puree
- Mango puree






We also made sure to get lots of play time and story time in today!  Today, I sat her next to me on the couch to read (usually we hold her in our laps).  She kept looking back and forth from the story book to my face...I swear she was really soaking it all in!  Oh, and don't mind the outfit...I told you it was a wacky day!  Complete with several wardrobe changes...





Here's a video of Rylie showing off one of her new tricks!  Holy cow, time is flying!


And every good day must end with a fun dip in the rubber ducky tub (this video was actually from last night, but we had some more fun again tonight!):




I also finally got some new pictures in the new frames....now we just have to get them on the wall :-/   Don't hold your breath!  Ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment