I may have said this in a previous post, but I am determined that we just sit around and do NOTHING all weekend! It's the first time we will be in our own house for Christmas, just the 3 of us, and I can't wait. We have been cleaning and re-organizing all week (although some how the mess just seems to appear right behind us) so that we wouldn't have to do any of that this weekend. I just want to sit on my tush, cuddle with the hubby and the baby, and watch Christmas movies or listen to Christmas music all weekend! Perhaps we will even be able to sneak in one or two Family Nap Times :-)
Chris is planning on getting up with Rylie in the morning so that I can shower and get ready for the day
(will probably just put PJs or sweats back on!). Going to try out a new recipe for breakfast: Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring. I'm making one for us and one for the neighbors (they have 3 boys). We are also planning on heading to an afternoon/early evening church service tomorrow...not exactly sure where yet, though. Wish there was snow on the ground for Rylie's FIRST Christmas, but that doesn't look likely...maybe for New Years! And it's not like she will know anything anyway - this year is mostly for Chris and I and lots of pictures :-)
Did I talk about this already, too (I'm losing my mind)?? We decided (or just me?) not to take Rylie to see Santa this year. I just wasn't feeling it for some reason (oh yea, could have been the hefty price tag attached to that 1 picture with Santa!). Yes, it only happens once a year so I guess we could have "splurged", but I didn't feel like fighting the crowds and the uber-excited kids who turn in to screaming monsters when it is their turn on Santa's lap. Perhaps I'll regret not doing it one day, but not today :-) I have enjoyed seeing many friends' pictures this year, though! I repeat: screaming monsters! HAHA
Oh, and our tree (previous post about obtaining said tree) is particularly beautiful this year with the addition of several new and very special ornaments:




No comments:
Post a Comment