Saturday, December 10, 2011

6 month stats...

Rylie had her 6 month check up yesterday. She is growing like a weed!! Current stats:

Weight: 16lbs 5oz (58th percentile)
Length: 26 inches (61st percentile)

Although she is certainly not jumping off the charts at this point, we will have to wait a little longer to see if she has daddy's tall genes or if she will be short stuff like mommy. But she is doing great and the pediatrician is pleased.

She did get her next round of vaccines (I think I just heard a huge sigh from all you non-vacciners...please read:  "I'm a good mother, you're a good mother"). The previous times she has had her shots, she has cried ever so slightly from the initial shock/pain, buy was easily consoled. This time she was not a happy camper at all! Throw in a little stranger anxiety and a little more cognizance of her surroundings and vulnerability, and she cried before shots, during shots, and after shots! She was also super tired (had been up for about 3.5 hours). Needless to say, she fell fast asleep as soon as she reached the car to head home. All is much better now :-)

Oh yea, and while sitting in the doctor's office, I noticed something very exciting!! RYLIE'S FIRST TOOTH!!!! Her bottom right tooth is poking through the gum so you can see/feel it. I check her mouth practically every day, to no avail, but now she has finally done it!! And there really were no major signs of any teething (has been sleeping pretty much the same, maybe a teeny tiny bit more fussy, no signs of fever, etc). Man, dont want o jinx it because there are many more teeth to come...but...that was easy :-)

Our baby is growing so fast! Trying our best to remember these moments forever and enjoy the long cuddle sessions while they last! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment