Thursday, December 8, 2011

6 months young!

6 short months ago today, our little family grew by 2 feet and we welcomed our little bundle of joy...Rylie Marina. We don't have her 6 month check up until tomorrow, so her current stats will have to wait, but I can tell you that we have a very happy, healthy, independent, cuddly (and on and on and on) little girl!

Milestones reached:

- Rolls from back to tummy (still can't quite figure out tummy to back)
- Sits by herself with very few tumbles
- Reaches for faces, hands, favorite toys...
- Picks up and puts EVERYTHING in her mouth!
- Laughs at funny sounds (sneezes, raspberries)
- Follows object with her eyes (eg. When bottle/pacifier is taken away, she will follow it even when put out if eye sight)
- Blows raspberries herself (thank goodness for bibs!)

Favorite foods:

- Butternut squash
- Carrots
- Prunes
- Green Beans
- Zucchini
- Apples
- Pears
- Sweet Potato
- Oatmeal
- Rice cereal
- Barley cereal

Favorite toys:

- Ball spinner/popper
- Singing (ABC/123) cow
- Rufus the singing dog
- Standeroo
- Musical pig hanging from gym mat
- Various connectable rings
- Blue "easy grip" ball
- Sunny Bear
- Sophie the giraffe
- Baby key chain with 3 discs
- Baby Piano
- Crinkly Pooh Bear Book

Frequently read books:

- Kipper and Roly
- Bears on Chairs
- Goodnight Moon
- How Do I Love You
- Puppies and Piggies
- Turtles Take Their Time
- What Am I?
- Noisy Farm
- Green Eggs And Ham
- Where's Baby's Belly Button
- Harry The Dirty Dog
- Danny The Dinosaur

I could probably go on and on a lot more, but these seem like pretty accurate lists of what our baby is up to these days. She continues to learn new things and amaze us each and every day (sounds so cliche, but it is true). I can't wait to take her to the doctor's tomorrow to find out how much she ha grown! Although, I'm not super excited about her getting some more shots...

No comments:

Post a Comment