Wednesday, March 7, 2012

9 months young!

Nine (9) short months ago, at 2:33am, we welcomed Miss Rylie Marina Chalko in to this world! What a whirlwind that has been. Sure, there were days that felt like they would never end...but for the most part, it has flown by!!

Her specific stats will have to wait, as she has her doctor's appointment next Tuesday. Oh yea, and this time it is Daddy's turn to take her... I don't think he has come with us since her first appointment 3 days after leaving the hospital (or, I should say, he has always been working so he couldn't make it). But this time, I am the one who will be working and Chris will take her on his time off. Weird! I hope he doesn't cry if she has to get shots :-)

I can't believe she is crawling around with such ease now...she can move effortlessly from laying on her back to rolling to her tummy and then pushing herself up to a sitting position. And leave her in a room to go grab something really quick?! Yea, no...that can't happen any more! Before you know it, she is across the room getting herself in to mischief.

Oh, and so much for "9 months on....9 months off"!! And I'm talking about weight gain and weight loss...you know, the saying or whatever it is that goes: "it takes 9 months to put on the pounds and then it should take no more than 9 months to get it all off again." Ha, well clearly that didn't happen! I am the same weight I was since about 2 weeks after delivery (i.e., still probably look about 6 months pregnant...but flabbier!). Time to get my butt in gear! After all, summer is coming! And even though I won't be able to get out to the pool with Rylie much during the week (which is honestly is a big reason I was questioning going back to work, ha!), I am determined to spend lots of family time on the weekends either at the pool or nearby parks. And I want to look good doing it!! :-) So...perhaps 9 months from know I'll check back in and be able to report some significant weight loss (hopefully it'll be a lot sooner than 9 months!).

Anyways... Happy 9 Months, baby girl!

1 comment:

  1. Haha yeeeah I feel ya. I've heard it takes a year, so we still got some time, right?! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete