I'm ordinary. I'm a mom. I'm the opposite of a neat freak. I'm a bedsheets hog. I'm addicted to Magic Shell on my ice-cream {more shell, less ice-cream}. I'm not a fan of getting out of the shower when it's cold out. I'm learning to live with the cold weather outside. I'm a budding mom-tographer with the perfect little subject to practice with. I'm a nail biter. I'm a snorer. I'm a jeans and t-shirt wearer. I'm me.
And that's all well and good! But don't we all just have days where we wish we could be just like someone else...or do something new and exciting for once! I think about this a lot. Of course, I love my family, my house, my neurotic cat...but some days I think there is something I am missing. I think that I am missing the real me.
The real me isn't ordinary. The real me is edgy and quirky. The real me has long, dark hair and perhaps those short bangs that seem to be kind of in style right now. The real me giggles at the thought of getting a small, inconspicuous tattoo. The real me has a sense of style that is urban chic crossed with a relaxed, beachy look...maybe?! {not quite sure that's the right explanation, but you get the idea...not jeans and a t-shirt every day...and that's if I manage to get out of my pjs}. The real me pins things on Pinterest and actually follows through with all the new craft ideas, meal suggestions, style how-to's. The real me makes the bed every day and has a bright, cheery, clean, organized house every day {sorry mom, that doesn't happen}. The real me always has fixings in the pantry and wine in the fridge for last minute, spur of the moment entertaining.
The real me is inside here somewhere and I'm on a mission to find her again. Just because I am a stay at home mom for now, doesn't mean that I don't need to get myself up in the morning and make myself look presentable {after all, you never know if/when Publisher's Clearing House or Ellen's video crews will show up at your front door!}. Just because I'm a stay at home mom doesn't mean I get to graze all day in our fridge and pantry...especially because said fridge and said pantry are not very well stocked, so grazing involves chocolate chips that are meant for baking with, and a Pasta Side for lunch {or an afternoon snack!} that has zero nutritional value. Just because I am a stay at home mom, does not mean I need to veg on the couch and watch TV while the baby sleeps {which doesn't happen all that often...but somehow the time still flies by!}.
I should be able to find the real me because I am a stay at home mom. And the real me could be a stay at home mom. The real me could wake up in the morning and throw on something "fancy", yet comfy, that allows ample movement for rolling around on the floor during playtime but is also presentable for running errands or having people over. The real me could invite friends over at any time for baby play dates and not worry about not having anything appropriate to feed them or offer them to drink. The real me can pinch pennies and cut corners by actually finishing all the DIY projects that are swirling around in my head.
The real me is back. I've found my inspiration. Welcome back, me! :-)
Now, I just have to do a little bit of shopping to complete the real me look! hehe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment