Rylie and I were invited to participate in a trial "play date" at My Gym in Aurora. It is basically a big room with all sorts of things for little ones to climb on, sit in, hang from, walk on, jump around, etc and "work out"... The "instructors" there have several activities planned out for the kids to all join in (it is fun for all ages - they just participate in different ways), and they also have some free time where the kids can explore on their own. It was definitely a unique experience, to say the least! The "instructors" there are suuuuuper upbeat and cheery (which I suppose you have to be in that kind of job!). While I enjoyed it, I felt quite ADD because they were jumping from activity to activity quite quickly. This could have been because this was a free trial kind of class, and they wanted us "newcomers" to test out all of the different types of activities that kids would normally do in organized classes (you could sign up for a class that meets once a week for a month or 2, and they have different classes for the different age groups and skill levels). We didn't sign up, because it is quite expensive. Though fun, perhaps she would get more out of something like this when she is more mobile and active. We'll wait and save our money for now :-)
I think Rylie had an okay time... it didn't help that she didn't nap super well right before it, we were then running late, and she had to wait a little bit longer before getting a bottle. She certainly did NOT love the ball pit, as much as mommy tried to get her to enjoy it :-/ The swings were a load of fun...and she even got to zip line!! Very cool :-) I took my camera, but it was safer and easier just to grab the iPod to snap a few pictures and videos:
Rylie trying out the Zip line:
Rylie swinging with her pal, Ava!
No comments:
Post a Comment