Saturday, November 5, 2011

Touristy stuff...

Baby Rylie, Morgan and I have been playing "tourist"! Morgan is here to visit from North Carolina for a few days. Yesterday, we headed to downtown Chicago (Rylie's second trip...first was to Navy Pier with Chelsea on September). Once we found a parking spot off of Michigan Avenue, we headed for the streets! After grabbing some deliscious lubch at Cosi, we decided to head towards Navy Pier instead of the Shedd Aquarium and Field Museum. However, I didn't realize we couldn't walk the whole way along the lakeside (we would have had to climb a thousand stairs to get to the bridge over the river...not so easy with a big stroller!). But we enjoyed the nice long walk anyways :). We then decided to head over to the Willis (Sears) Tower to see the SkyDeck. I had been up there before, and knew I would NOT be going out in the sky box again (a big see-through box that juts out from the building on approx the 103rd floor!), but Morgan wanted to go, so off we went! Even just taking a picture of Morgan standing out in the box was freaking me out! And several ppl were sticking their fearless children out there, but I couldn't bring myself to stroll Rylie out there (there was a "picture of the day" posted of a little one year old girl placed out on the ledge, smiling and clapping her hands!). Plus, she slept through the whole thing! After that, we decided we had done enough city walking for one day and returned home - after 2 hours of sitting in traffic!

Today: Downtown Naperville to have some Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza :-)

1 comment: