A little while ago, another mom friend wrote a blog post about MOMsomnia (sorry Bucleigh, stealing your word!). Her little guy is about a month or so older than Rylie. Now, you may think that this post was all about how she has a young baby who is waking frequently at night, causing her to get little sleep and - voila - MOMsomnia!!
Nope...her little one has been sleeping 12 to 13 hours a night since about 2 months... It was her that couldn't sleep because she couldn't shut off her brain! When I read this, not gonna lie, I was jealous because my baby isn't quite sleeping all night just yet at 4 months (although she really is doing very well - can't complain too much!)... And I have never had any troubles sleeping, so I figured if Rylie could sleep all night, I could get a solid 8 hours and be good to go :-)
Nope...I recently have also been experiencing this kind of MOMsomnia! Rylie has been doing better and better with her sleeping...and I have turned in to the mom that can't sleep (especially between about 2am and 5am)! I am able to fall asleep pretty instantly at night, but I wake frequently to check her monitor. And even when I see that she is sleeping peacefully, I cannot simply go back to sleep. I stare at her monitor, roll around in bed (sorry, Chris) and think about:
- I should probably remove those bumpers in her crib
- What should she be for Halloween??
- I wish I could just take the perfect pictures of her.
- I wonder if anyone has posted anything new on Facebook.
- Where should we go on vacations next year?!
- How do we travel with an infant/toddler??
- What do we pack?!
- Will she be "That Baby" that screams the whole time?!
- When will we have to send her to Daycare?
- Will she like it??
- And what about Public school vs Private school??
- Will she be able to make lots of friends?!
- Oh gosh, I hope she won't be "The Bully"...or worse... "The Bullied"...
- How do you even catch the school bus, anyways? They didn't have those at my boarding
school...
- What will she want to be when she grows up??
- Oh man, I can't wait until we can make a mess of the kitchen while baking all sorts of deliscious treats :)
- Treats?! oh gosh, now what am I going to make for her 1st birthday party?! Will there be a theme?!
And the list goes on and on...round and round in circles! haha!
Voila - I believe I have diagnosed my self with MOMsomnia :) Who needs WebMD for that?! I think I need to start sleeping with a note book by my bedside table so that I can jot all these crazy thoughts/ideas down! Of course, they all sound brilliant to me at 2am!
On another non-sleeping note... last night, when I checked Rylie's monitor for the first time, I noticed that she had twisted herself around about 90 degrees, so that she was sleeping width-wise instead of length-wise in her crib. How did she manage that one?! Oh well...surely she will be okay... By my next check, she had wriggled around some more and now her head was where her feet were when I put her down that night! Really, baby?! Hmmm...perhaps she likes that view better :) And by the time I checked the monitor again, she had wriggled all the way around to where she started, as if nothing ever happened! Wow, babies really are restless sleepers! Rylie goes round and round in circles... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment