Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Recent DIY projects...

So, I have mentioned the website PINTEREST to you before {Grandma: don't worry yourself with this site! haha}.  And...well...besides some delicious recipes that I have both tried and intend to try, I have also found lots of inspiration for crafts and DIY projects to do.  I showed you the work in progress of my headboard for the main guest bedroom a few days ago.  Well, folks, I actually finished it!!  And I like the way it turned out!  AND, it was way cheaper (under $40) than buying one from the furniture store!  I've already put in my order with Santa Clause for some real power tools...we only have a hammer, a few screws/nails and a drill!



And after that, I moved on to a really easy project...  Baby Scarves!  And they double as a bib and are wayyyyy cuter. {Oh, and the model is pretty darn adorable, too, don't ya think?!} Again, so simple and cheap to make (each one probably cost me about $1 to make and only took about 5 minutes each)






 Next up, I decided to make a "mobile"/"chandelier" for Rylie's room.  We have been wanting to change the light fixture in her room because the builders just put up a pretty cheap, temporary bulb shaped light cover.  This little project was a little more tedious to make than the scarves (had to cut out all the circles, glue them together on the string, then trim the edges and hang them on the wood loop thingy), but all the materials cost me about $3.




 And I still have numerous crafts on my list to do!

- A "chandelier" for the guest room like the one above, but made with shells and natural colored string.
- Some staggered/"hanging" shelving for the walls
- Wall decorations
- A chair rail picture display for the wall going up the stairs
- Window sash made of linen-look fabric for the guest room (pretty much done, just need to hem the ends).

...and the list goes on and on!!  I'll keep you posted on the progress of these projects :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment