So anyways, I'm playing a little game of catch-up now.
It was sort of a last minute decision (about 2 weeks before), but we decided to go to South Bend for Easter to see Chris' parents. We all had no big plans, just wanted to spend the weekend together. Heather and Eric also drove in from Michigan for the night.
Even though we didn't have big plans, we ended up getting a lot done! Chris, Rylie, and I drove in on Friday night (okay, Chris did the actual driving...). Rylie woke up for a brief moment as we walked inside, but quickly fell back asleep when I placed her down on the guest bed while we got her portable crib ready, and she slept well all night (despite having a nasty cough/chest cold!). Saturday was actually my birthday! Chris and Roy went out shopping in the morning (sounds weird, right?!.....for board games!) while Connie and I stayed home with a napping baby and began planning the menu for rYLIE'S Baptism, which was this past Sunday...again, I am VERY behind! I'll get to that post next.
Chris' parents and the 3 of us went to J.W. Chen for lunch - it is an AMAZING Chinese restaurant in South Bend - at my request (I has been promised that the next time we were in South Bend, that we would visit Chen). Of course, Connie and I took the opportunity to do a little shopping before lunch and stopped at a darling Children's Boutique. I wanted to look for a head band and socks or shoes for Rylie's Baptism. We ended up finding the perfect little white bow instead, some lacey socks, and a white diaper cover with ruffles on the butt and some bright pink accent stitching (I'm going to use that for Rylie's Birthday pictures...smash cake!!)
Heather and Eric drove in later that afternoon. Connie slaved away in the kitchen while we all enjoyed the beautiful weather outside. Rylie thoroughly enjoyed crawling around in the grass, trying to eat it. Heather also brought bubbles, which were pretty cool!! Chris broke out the bat and a plastic wiffle ball...although after one strike, that wiffle ball was pretty much toast! We still tried to play for a bit... Until the boys got out the golf clubs and decided to play some game where they hit the ball around the house and the first one to go around the course and hit the shed (oops!), wins! The afternoon was perfect...
Later that night, as kind of an impromptu thing, some friends stopped by for a cookout! The Shepherds were in town, so they came... Steph and Scott stopped by...and Kyle and Amanda, who are expecting baby Kyla very sooooooon, stopped by too! We spent the evening just sitting around the kitchen table sharing stories, laughing, and just having a great time in each others' company. Again, it was a perfect birthday weekend for me :)
On Sunday, Grandma Chalko came over and we had a nice Easter lunch before everyone had to hit the road to head back home. I love family weekends like this!
Check out some pictures (As usual, mostly of Rylie) from the weekend...
























No comments:
Post a Comment